.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Carter Man Update


Post Copied from Carter's Caring Bridge Page:

Sorry we have not updated in a LONG time. For the most part Carter has been doing Wonderful over the past 3 months. His little personality is coming out more and more every day and he has been talking up a storm! We now have a new Physical Therapist & she is great!!! She has to remind me that what Carter is doing now is "normal" for him, and his "normal" is not the same as everyone else's "normal". At this point he has wonderful head control, he rolls from his tummy to his back and he is sooooooo close to rolling from his back to his tummy. He also can sit for short times unassisted & loves playing with toys especially anything that lights up and makes noise.

Have I mentioned that he loves to eat and I am enjoying making all of his fruits & veggies. I have been steaming the fruits and veggies, and then pureeing them in the food processor and freezing them in ice cube trays & he LOVES it!!


I can not believe that our baby is already 7 months old!! I get very sad thinking about it!! People always would tell me to cherish all the moments, bc they go too fast and I don't think that you truly understand that until you are a parent! At his 6 month check-up he weighed 16-12 and was 25.5 inches. He has been sleeping through the night for several months (Yay!)
Well on a not so great note, we went to see Carter's Neurosurgeon for a routine check up and he doesn't think that Carter's shunt is working like it should be, we were sent for a CT that day and they also scheduled a MRI. We will be having the MRI this Wednesday and we are desperately hoping that it is working and that he will not need surgery, although it seemed that Dr. Boop was leaning more towards needing the surgery. We will know more once the results are back. Please be thinking of Carter this Wednesday, as he has to be sedated for the MRI and can not eat for 4 hours beforehand(which to him will be the bigger issue, that boy LOVES to eat!)
And on a happy note, I have entered my Precious boy into a Baby Gap Casting call. I thought it would be something fun to do and it would be awesome if he won! I don't think that any special needs/ Spina Bifida baby has ever been the picture of BabyGap & of course I think that he is the Cutest baby in the WHOLE world!!! So we would appreciate your vote if you can. All you have to do is register (it takes about 2 min and you can check the things at the bottom so they don't send you additional emails) and you can vote on each picture once every day. Here is the website: http://family.go.com/gapcastingcall/entries/CourtSmith0602/
We will try to update when we here the results of the MRI and when we know if Carter will need surgery. Thanks in advance for everyone thinking about our precious son!!
Oh and I LOVE this pic, but he will kill me for it one day, LOL!!


Courtney


No comments:

Post a Comment