.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Play, Do, Learn

I can not believe that I am posting this, but my baby or should I say "Big Boy" started a preschool program this morning. Such a bittersweet moment!! It is through a program through Special kids and Families and it is called Play, Do, Learn. It is half special needs kids and half typical peers. It is AMAZING. They also have a 3 to 1 ratio of kids to teachers which is also AMAZING. Carter's teacher is also a retired special needs teacher. It is literally too good to be true. I was pretty nervous for him to start. The only people that have ever watched Carter before are family and Bridgette(which she might as well be family). Nervous for many reason, but I feel like he is in such wonderful hands there!! They do so many wonderful things, including LOTS of Physical Therapy play. They even have a gross motor room.

So this morning Dora came over before we left to go with us, since she will be taking and picking him up just as much as I am. We headed in a little early since I had to go over his special diapering. So we get there and he wants down to play and literally just jumps right in and starts playing(pulling up on tables, chairs, etc.) We then head to the gross motor room where they have an awesome slide/climber and it was all over. He is in LOVE with slides. He could have cared less at that point that we were there. So after a few minutes we decided to sneak out. Well I don't have to say that the only tears shed were not from Carter, LOL. He is such an amazing kid and has such a wonderful spirit!!

So I came home, and couldn't stand being here without him, so I decided to go grocery shopping. Then came home and put them away and then left to go and get him a little early. They said he had a WONDERFUL first day. He even made hand prints. Can't wait until they are done with the project so I can hang them on my wall!! I am so proud of him and proud to be his mommy!! Here's to hoping that he has that wonderful of a day every day!!

I LOVE YOU BIG BOY!!




Courtney

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great place! Glad his first day was a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awsome im so glad he had a great time and also glad that you made it threw the first day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Looks like he had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete